Adult Guardianships

It can become difficult once a loved one begins to age and is incapacitated and/or no longer competent.  If that individual did not prepare an estate plan and appoint someone to act as his or her power of attorney or healthcare proxy, it may be necessary to have the Court appoint a guardian to manage financial and healthcare matters for your loved one. Additionally, if you have a disabled child who is reaching the age of majority, a guardianship may be needed so that you can handle your child’s medical and legal needs.  Our attorneys can represent you in a guardianship action so that you can care for your loved one.